Image Map

Morning Hike at Lynn Canyon


Saturday morning, I surprised my boyfriend by taking him to the Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge in North Vancouver. Sadly, this place gets waaay less traffic than the more famous Capilano Suspension Bridge. The Lower Seymour Conservation Center, located conveniently next to the bridge, keeps the park well groomed which allows people like us to venture in there. They also serve as an education center for teaching children just how fragile and important the ecosystem is. Bonus!


Here comes the bridge! Va-va-voom. Those afraid of heights beware!


If you're the type of person to get weak knees up high, well this may not be your cup of tea. My advice for the girls? Bring a manly man friend. Wink wink...




It has been so long since I have been hiking, in fact the last time I went was during our anniversary at Joshua Tree, CA. Honestly, it just felt great to be back in the woods. I'll let you in on a secret though, when the sun's not shining and there isn't a lot of people around, I start feeling a little like Snow White. You know, the scene where she is running through the woods with trees and bears at her tail...my boyfriend thinks I'm loony. Does anyone else feel that way sometimes? I can't be the only one! 



At the end, we had to leave early just to make it to our next destination in time, but Chasen and I cannot wait to go back and hike it again. Next time on a bright, sunny, cloud-free day. We will be back! Chau!


{ Photos © Justina Lee }

9 comments:

  1. Look at that moss!!! It's way too dry around here for moss...
    Beautiful forest!
    And I LOVE that kind of bridges!!! I enjoy walking across them with a bounce in my step and feeling the whole thing moving like waves under my feet! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Justina! Thanks for the sweet words on my blog. I tried to reply back, but I see that you're a no-reply blogger. If you follow the steps in this link, you'll be able to receive replies from others:

    http://www.pleasant-home.com/2010/12/so-exciting-less-no-reply-bloggers.html

    Sheree
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Justina! Looks like an incredible place to be and you captured it perfectly, wow, so lovely, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been to this suspension bridge! My dad is scared of heights and we kept shaking the bridge while we walked to freak him out. We're so mean. I kind of want to go to the Capilano bridge now - that one looks really scary :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks beautiful! i'm not much of a hiker (like, at all) but everyone else's pics inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I work out of deep cove so I'm very close to this. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so fun and sweet! What a positive, and great way to spend time together :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. how pretty! that bridge is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected