Image Map

Summer in Spain


{source unknown}


It took a while but tiger mama finally let go. This tigress is leaving her home in the cold climate of Canada this summer and will be traveling to sunny Spain! For some seasoned travelers this is probably a walk in the park, but (aside from some school trips abroad,) I've never traveled without my family. Because of that, I am extremely grateful to my Spanish friends for welcoming me into their homes with open arms; I cannot be more blessed. So much talk about southern hospitality in America, this must be Spanish hospitality

Spain at the moment still feels like a dream. Only a week ago, I was sitting in front of my laptop and plugging in travel dates into Priceline.com. Up until then, I was still comparing flight prices and would only get increasingly nervous each time I signed on, knowing that once I made the purchase there would be no turning back...

When I finally decided that I was ready to make the jump...I couldn't do it.
For 20 minutes I sat there with my sister by my side, as I kept triple quadruple-checking all of the details.

"Are the dates really okay?"
"Is this airline reliable?"
"Did I put down the right airports?" (because that would suck)

  *rinse and repeat*

It was frightening because I didn't want to make a mistake that could cost me a grand. And even though I knew all the information was right, I still couldn't bring myself to make the purchase because everything would become concrete...eventually even my sister got impatient and shouted, "If you don't buy it, I'm going to do it for you!!" 

And so, with shaking hands (and some good ol' peer pressure,) I finally pressed the oh-so-scary "buy my tickets now" button. Then...reality hit. I am going to Spain. 


{source}
In all honesty, I am still really nervous. I know that my friends will keep an eye out for me, but between all the siestas and fiestas, I really don't know where I'll stand. All I can say is that this is the kind of nervous that I live for; the discomfort, the unfamiliar sights and smells, the unknown...but I know I'll be okay. After all, the adventure is just beginning. :)


Follow me on bloglovin!
Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. siestas are just in mexico!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mario! Not according to my friends there :O

      Delete
    2. Believe me Mario... las siestas son muuuy ESPAÑOLAS

      Delete
  2. How exciting! Hopefully you'll update us on your blog over here. It's always scary traveling alone, but it's definitely such a great learning experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie, I definitely will update! In the mean time, I still have to worry about school and work over here. At least the sun rises earlier these days!! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh how fun! Spain is wonderful (my sister studied abroad in Madrid for a semester) and I know you'll have a blast. Are you going just for fun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rooth, yes I am going just for fun, but I"m hoping to find some work there :) Madrid looks so beautiful!

      Delete
  4. it's so exciting and honestly being somewhere foreign on your own is a great advanture... it's scary but I'm sure you can deal with whatever comes your way! And the people you meet, the things you get exposed to do... ahh I'm envious :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment Julie! Means a lot to me :)

      Delete
  5. thanks for your interest in my handmade knickers!! And i'm doing a giveaway for valentines day!!

    last day to enter today :)
    http://emmemablog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/valentines-day-knicker-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected